Friday, December 11, 2015

Israelis kill two Palestinians in the Hebron district, one the brother of a girl they killed six weeks ago

A Palestinian man was shot and killed during clashes in the Ras al-Jura area of Hebron on Friday, witnessestold Ma'an. A Ma'an reporter said Uday Irsheid, 24, was shot in the chest and critically wounded during clashes with Israeli military forces at the northern entrance to Hebron. He later died from his injuries. Earlier the same day Israeli soldiers shot dead a 55-year old man in a car in  Halhul, in the Hebron dsitrict.
`Uday Irsheid
`Uday Irsheid's 17-year old sister, Dania, was shot and killed by Israeli forces in Hebron on 25 October. She was shot dead after police officers allegedly saw "a knife in her hand." No Israelis were injured during the incident.A witness told Ma'an at the time that he saw a schoolgirl with a schoolbag on her back trying to cross the Israeli checkpoint near the Ibrahimi mosque." An Israeli soldier asked her to take the knife out of her bag, then she was immediately fired upon. "Seconds later the schoolgirl was lying on the ground bleeding," the witness said.
Following an investigation into several cases of Palestinian deaths, Amnesty International found that Dania's killing was "absolutely unjustified" and called for Israel to end its "pattern of unlawful killings."
The other man, who was hot dead in Halhul, was killed an alleged attempted car ramming attack, Israel's army said. According to an Israeli army spokesperson ''the Israeli forces responded to the imminent threat and opened fire, killing the man.'' No Israelis were injured in the alleged attempted attack.The Palestinian has been identified as the 55 year old Omar al-Hroub from Deir Samit village in western Hebron.
Hebron has become the epicenter of violence over the last two months, as roughly 30 percent of the now 121 Palestinians to be killed since Oct. 1 were from the Hebron district.
Earlier on Friday, Israeli forces and a Palestinian gunman exchanged fire at the al-Jalama checkpoint in the northern occupied West Bank distinct of Jenin. An Israeli army spokesperson said shots were reportedly fired at Israeli forces at the border crossing, who responded and opened fire back.The gunman was shot during the exchange, the army said, although his condition and whereabouts are unclear. No Israelis were injured in the exchange.
Israeli forces have arrested a Palestinian allegedly responsible for Thursday's car ramming attack near the illegal Israeli settlement of Beit Aryeh-Ofarim in the Salfit district, which injured four Israeli soldiers. An Israeli army spokesperson said Muhammad Abdelhalim Abdel al-Hamid Salem, 37, was detained overnight Thursday in a joint operation between the Israeli army, Shin Bet, and police forces.The spokesperson alleged that Salem was a "Hamas operative with a criminal record." Israeli media reported that Salem had spent six months under administrative detention -- internment without trial or charge -- in 2001, but noted that he had not been detained since.

No comments: