Thursday, December 17, 2015

Israeli military kill boy of 15, the 127th Palestinian shot dead since 1 October

Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian near the Huwwara military checkpoint in the northern occupied West Bank district of Nablus on Thursday, Israeli media reported.  Palestinian ambulance driver Kamal Badran identified the Palestinian as 15-year-old Abdullah Hussein Nasasra, from the Nablus-area village of Beit Furik. Badran told Ma'an that Israeli soldiers gathered around the teen preventing medical teams from treating him after he fell. No Israelis were injured during the incident.
Initial reports indicate that the Palestinian was shot dead after allegedly attempting to stab an Israeli soldier at the checkpoint. No Israelis were injured during the incident. The deaths mark at least 127 Palestinians to be killed since violence escalated in the occupied Palestinian territory in October. Much of the recent violence has been carried out through attacks carried out by Palestinian individuals that have left 19 Israelis killed in the same time period.
The circumstances of several deaths have been widely disputed by critics who say that Israel has implemented a "shoot-to-kill" policy against Palestinians.
The Executive Director of Israeli rights group B'Tselem, Hagai El-Ad, said earlier this month that the policy is being used against Palestinians who have already been “neutralized" during attacks. El-Ad said in a statement that Israeli soldiers and police officers effectively became “judge, jury and executioner” after the policy was encouraged by senior Israeli politicians and Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu.PLO Central Council member Muhammad Eshteyyah in a press conference last week said that 85 percent of Palestinian deaths to take place since Oct. 1 could have been prevented if the “shoot-to-kill” policy was not implemented.

No comments: