on a large scale.
Qatar has not answered yet. But eralier this week it's foreign minister, sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al Thani, said this Monday that Qatar will not negotiate unless the measures the four countries installed against the Emirate earlier this month, are lifted.
The list of demands:
1) Scale down diplomatic ties with Iran and close the Iranian
diplomatic missions in Qatar, expel members of Iran's Revolutionary
Guard and cut off military and intelligence cooperation with Iran. Trade
and commerce with Iran must comply with US and international sanctions
in a manner that does not jeopardise the security of the Gulf
Cooperation Council (GCC).
2) Immediately shut down the Turkish military base that is currently
being built, and halt military cooperation with Turkey inside Qatari
3) Sever all ties to all the "terrorist, sectarian and ideological
organisations," specifically the Muslim Brotherhood, ISIL, al-Qaeda,
Fateh Al-Sham (formerly known as Nusra Front) and Lebanon's Hezbollah.
Qatar needs to formally declare those entities as terrorist groups based
on the list of groups that was announced by Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE
and Egypt, and concur with all future updates of this list.
4) Stop all means of funding for individuals, groups or organisations
that have been designated as terrorists by Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt,
Bahrain, US and other countries.
5) Hand over "terrorist figures," fugitives and wanted individuals
from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Bahrain to their countries of
origin. Freeze their assets, and provide any desired information about
their residency, movements and finances.
6) Shut down Al Jazeera Network and its affiliate stations.
7) End interference in sovereign countries' internal affairs. Stop
granting citizenship to wanted nationals from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt
and Bahrain. Revoke Qatari citizenship for existing nationals where such
citizenship violates those countries' laws.
8) Qatar has to pay reparations and compensation for loss of life and
other financial losses caused by Qatar's policies in recent years. The
sum will be determined in coordination with Qatar.
9) Qatar must align itself with the other Gulf and Arab countries
militarily, politically, socially and economically, as well as on
economic matters, in line with an agreement reached with Saudi Arabia in
10) Submit all personal details of all the opposition members that
Qatar supported and detail all support that Qatar has provided them in
the past. Stop all contacts with the political opposition in Saudi
Arabia, UAE, Egypt and Bahrain. Hand over all files detailing Qatar's
prior contacts with and support for those opposition groups.
11) Shut down all news outlets that it funds, directly and
indirectly, including Arabi21, Rassd, Al Araby Al Jadeed, Mekameleen and
Middle East Eye, etc.
12) Agree to all the demands within 10 days of it being submitted to Qatar, or the list becomes invalid.
13) Consent to monthly audits for the first year after agreeing to
the demands, then once per quarter during the second year. For the
following 10 years, Qatar would be monitored annually for compliance.